twitter
    Find out what I'm doing. Follow Me :)

The Hills Are Alive

On Thursday evening I went to see the musical stage production of The Sound of Music. Fantastic show. Highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to see it.

In many ways, the show is very much what you would expect The Sound of Music to be, but there were a few surprises in the story arrangement that I am mixed about. I guess you could call me a "purist at heart" which maybe the reason that the changes didn't thrill me all that much. (They truly failed to increase my already interest in the story. I liked the story just the way it was... 'nough said.)


Elicia MacKenzie, however, who was awarded the role of Maria via. the CBC's edition of How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria, did a fabulous job of portraying the role that was first made famous by the great Julie Andrews. As it says in the program, "this marks Elicia's professional debut". During the intermission Mum leaned over to me and said there was one line in the beginning where she thought the slight British accent was forced, but I didn't pick up on it and despite having said that, we both agreed that Canada had picked the right Maria. We loved both her and the kids!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment